Block Pane runs validator, block producer, public API, P2P seed, and private nodes (as a service for exchanges or other validators,) for a variety of blockchains such as Substrate, Tendermint, EOSIO, and Ethereum.
- Validator and Producer nodes are run exclusively on hardware.
- Systems are monitored via multiple methods.
- Minimal services are directly exposed to the internet:
● Wireguard VPNs are used to remotely manage systems.
● All SSH keys used are stored solely in hardware devices (gpg card).
● API services are reverse-tunneled via Argo agents.
Our Use of Cloud Services:
Block Pane utilizes a variety of cloud service providers for auxiliary services, such as storing snapshots, microservices, reporting, etc. However, all validator and producer nodes are run on bare metal, and only one validator node is provisioned in any single geographical region.
One potential “centralization” risk is that most public API services are routed via CloudFlare or CloudFront CDNs to protect against denial of service, and provide routing optimization.